- Loss or Termination of Place
- Parent Observation
- Lost Property
- Noise & Litter
- Uncontrollable Circumstances
- Contact Hours
- Health & Safety, Child Protection and Insurance
- All fees must be paid on the first day of each term and put into a named envelope
- There is a late fee charge of £10
- Fees cannot be refunded or deducted if a student is absent
- There is a yearly registration fee of £10
- If you require a receipt please request one with your payment
- Fees are subject to change on a yearly basis
The ballet year consists of approximately 40-50 lessons depending on extra coaching and holidays etc. Classical Ballet is a performing art and certain levels of technique and fitness must be achieved. If a student is absent, he or she will miss vital teaching and training and this may result in them not being ready or able to take exams.
There will be an attendance award presented to student who maintain full attendance throughout the year.
Loss or Termination of Place
WBS reserves the right to terminate a students place in the event of the following:
- Unpaid fees
- If a parent/guardian does not adhere to the General Regulations
- If staff or other students are treated in an abusive manner by a parent/guardian
- If the students behaviour is disruptive or harmful to other students or staff
- If the student fails to adjust to ballet school/class etiquette and discipline
Parent Observation usually takes place in December and May or just before the RAD exams. Sufficient notice will be given but, please be aware that classes can have different observation days. Also, if there is any objection to the use of cameras, I need to be made aware before the class begins.
All items will be placed on the cloak stand in the waiting area. If these items are not recovered within 4 weeks, they will be given to the church and are usually taken to a local charity shop.
Noise & Litter
Please keep noise levels to a minimum within the building and put all litter in the bins provided.
- There is additional parking at the back of the church through the side gates
- Please do not let children run in the car park
- The car park can get very busy so please be patient and allow enough time for drop-off and pick-ups
In the event of extreme weather etc classes may have to be cancelled. Please check the website or Facebook for information. Ballet classes will be made up at a later date but this may not occur on usual days or times.
Any questions/queries please do not hesitate to contact me.Email or the WBS Facebook page is best and then if need be, wecan arrange a phone call.
Health & Safety,
Child Protection & Insurance
Child Protection & Insurance
- The ballet teacher cannot be responsible for any incidents that happen outside the dance studio
- Please do not let children run around, climb on the stairs etc.
- Please use the changing room provided – children must not be changed in the waiting area. Men cannot enter the changing room – for male parents/guardians who need to assist young children, there is an alternative changing room provided – please come and see me.
- Kindly ensure that children have visited the bathroom before class and washed their hands.
- Please report any illnesses or injuries to the ballet teacher before class. This year in particular, if your child is suffering from any illnesses that are contagious please keep them at home until they are well again.
- If your son/daughter has asthma and/or allergies and carries medication this must be brought with them into the dance studio.
- Please ensure children are collected promptly after class. Children will stay with me in the dance studio until collection.
- Please let me know if your son/daughter will be absent for any reason.
- Photographs and video can only be taken in the dance studio on parent observation days (if there are no objections).
- ‘Hands-on Teaching’ is an important and necessary part of dance training.A full copy of the WBS Child Protection Policy may be viewed upon request.